[opencms-dev] Error on OpenCMS 5.0rc2 Setup - encoding JavaVM is different from OpenCMS

Dimitri Bougoulias D.Bougoulias at ieee.org
Wed Feb 5 19:15:37 CET 2003

Hi Peter,

You obviously running tomcat using the icons (shortcuts)  that windows
tomcat setup, creates..
You have two options:
1) Either run tomcat using the startup.bat file (in ..\Tomcat 4.1\bin) - it
takes the environment variable into account...
Or...
2) Edit the shortcut "Start Tomcat" so that target is like:
C:\Java\j2sdk1.4.1\bin\java.exe -jar -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Duser.dir="C:\Java\Tomcat 4.1" "C:\Java\Tomcat 4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" start

(You just add the file encoding to the already existing target...)

Hope this solves your problem...

Dimitri