[opencms-dev] Error on OpenCMS 5.0rc2 Setup - encoding JavaVM is different from OpenCMS

Peter Burri p.burri at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 5 18:37:23 CET 2003

Hello,
i tried to setup the new OpenCMS 5.0 RC2.
At a very first step, the setup wizard checks the encoding character sets.
Here the OpenCMS Setup fails with the message 'Error: the encoding of yout
JavaVM (cp1252) is different form the OpenCms encoding (ISO-8859-1)'.

How/Where can I set the correct JavaVM encoding?
My Configuration:
- Windows2000 (english version)
- Java SDK 1.4.1
- Tomcat 4.1.12

I've tried to set the encoding with the CATALINE_OPTS environment variable,
but result is the same.
Thanks and Regards
Peter Burri