[opencms-dev] Explorer view problem

Publius Ismanescu publiusi at wwdb.org
Thu Feb 6 21:33:39 CET 2003

Hi everyone,

I am working on opencms to connect to IBM DB2 UDB.
The database connection to db2 and the proper java classes are in place
and the setup works fine.
When I do the login the initial page (explorer view) is not showing
properly.
The left panel is not showing the file Tree and the body panel shows the
contents of the explorer_files.html as:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WORKPLACE>
    <CLASS>com.opencms.workplace.CmsNewExplorerFileList</CLASS>

<MASTERTEMPLATE>/system/workplace/templates/new_explorer_files</MASTERTEMPLATE>
</WORKPLACE>

If I change the opencms.properties to point to mysql database the
behaviour is the same as with connecting to db2.
The db2 database is populated after the setup with the proper values and
I double checked the content of the files that comes from
the database and they look ok.
NOTE: Everything else works fine. ( Administration, add new projects,
Task etc..)

This happens on opencms 4.6.1 and is not happening on 5.0 rc1. Opencms
5.0 rc1 works fine with db2.
I would appreciate any help on this . I do have to make it work on 4.6.1.

Thank you
Publius