[opencms-dev] mail opencms

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 7 14:45:45 CET 2003

Subject: migrating a site from 4.6 to 5.0 - woes and woes
(After repairing a subscription problem - my email had moved and previous posts
obviously didn't make it to the list - I'm posting this now a third time,
you will see it probably the first time :-)

Anyway, a colleague who has built a site under 4.06 (a team of co-workers have
compiled about 800 pages and files into it) wanted to move everything
to 5.0-rc2 and experienced terrible pitfalls.

What is the correct proceeding in migrating a 4.6 site to 5.0?
He imported exported everything from 4.6 and imported into 5.0.

There were major changes in the path structuring bewteen 4.6 and 5.0 he said,
but he could get aroung by a aliasing or directory translation scheme
that seemed to work, although also there were some glitches resulting in
icons not appearing and suddenly being there (after manually correcting
the path )

What now obviously seems the weirdest point to my colleague is that when he is
using the Wysiwyg editor under NT there begin to appear <template/>
and <edittemplate/> tags.  This seems to be causing a mess
between the old bodies and the new ones (which are under system/ now).

What is the correct way to proceed now?

Somehow the old 4.6 generates bodies don't play together with the new ones.

Can anyone help, please?

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies at rwth-aachen.de