[opencms-dev] upgrade 4.x to 5.0 (was: mail opencms)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Feb 7 18:34:54 CET 2003

Chris,

I see, you are using OpenCms 4.6.1.

As for what <template> and <edittemplate> means, check out the mailing
list archives. The 12/02 thread is titled "Wasteful saving in
/system/bodies". This relates to the new link management feature which
actually was a 4.7.7 not a 5.0 modification (read: don't blame me :-).

Bottom line is that you probably must search / repace the <template>
with an <edittemplate> tag in the old /content/bodies files. You should
add an empty <template /> in the files as well. Do this in the exported
zipfile data as described earlier.

Like this:

old:
<template> ... data ... </template>  replace with
<template /><edittemplate> ... data ... </edittemplate>.

After importing these modified files, you will have to open all the
files where this modification was done in the editor and save them once.
In that process the editor will automatically insert the <template>
content from the <edittemplate> as described in the thread mentioned
above.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts