[opencms-dev] tomcat policy for opencms

Rod Thorburn rod.thorburn at pavtech.co.nz
Wed Feb 12 19:57:46 CET 2003

Attached is a text file containing some (perhaps all) catalina.policy
settings for an instance of opencms running under a tomcat security manager.
There should be enough here to at least get you started. Some of the more
generic settings will already be in your catalina.policy, so be careful not
to duplicate these.
After adding these permissions to catalina.policy and restarting tomcat,
test using your opencms app. If it 'breaks' read the catalina log for a
'permission denied' - and if found add it to catalina.policy. all functions
In my experience the only way to do this is by trial and error (as above),
or simply grant all permissions (thereby applying no restrictions at all).

Rod