[opencms-dev] tomcat policy for opencms

Lars Piehler lars.piehler at epimusic.de
Thu Feb 13 14:16:05 CET 2003

Hi Rod,

first thanx for your fast help. Now I understand a little bit more about the
security settings.

>If it 'breaks' read the catalina log for a
> 'permission denied' - and if found add it to catalina.policy. all
functions
> In my experience the only way to do this is by trial and error (as above),
> or simply grant all permissions (thereby applying no restrictions at all).

I did it like you said. He wanted  permission for many classes in the
"opencms/WEB-INF/occlasses and I have given him the permissions he wanted.
But now he stopped with the error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Something really bad happened while
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/opencms/file/genericSql/CmsResourceBroker

First he ask me for the permission of this class and after I have given him
this permission, he could not find the class.
I don`t understand it, because without the Security Manager opencms is
running very well!!
In this case he has to load this class as well, isn`t it?!!
Perhaps you or anybody else who is reading this mail have an idea, what I`m
doing wrong.

I`m happy for any help, because this Security Settings makes me crazy.

Thanx,

Lars