AW: [opencms-dev] How to build website with public/restricted are a?

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Fri Mar 7 10:59:26 CET 2003

Hi Michael,

I have it working with:

1. Created a new Group "restricted" without parent group
2. I created a folder with Owner Admin-group and group "restricted" (the
same for all resources within this folder )
3. set permissions to rwv rwv --- -
4. Set property "export" of folder to "dynamic"

result:
A user is asked to authenticate (http) before he can enter the restricted
area.

problems I had:
1. When user enters wrong password once, he gets an opencms exception and is
not able to enter the right one before closing all open instances of IE
2. As far as I remember, I also had problems to integrate it into my
navigation...but anyway I have an extra page with normal internal links to
all restricted areas.

But I can live with these problems.

If anyone has a doubt how to solve these problems I would really appreciate
to get more information!

Best regards, Kai