[opencms-dev] Using the News Module in Version 5.0rc_2

Felix Engel flixflax at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 11:45:54 CET 2003

Hello,

I am currently trying to use the news module ( the archive is
NewsModule4.zip) in Opencms 5.0rc_2. However, I am experiencing
massive problems. During installation, the publication of the
rescources fails, the log is available on
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/Felix.Engel2/Newsmodule-error.txt.

After installation, there are administration points available on the
opencms desktop, however these are strangely named (e.g.
??? com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.icon.news ??? ).

When calling the module, all field names are similarily named, all
with the leading and trailing question marks.

Has anybody got a hint at what these question marks mean or how to
correct that ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Felix Engel