[opencms-dev] Using the News Module in Version 5.0rc_2

Ulrich Rueth ulrich.rueth at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 12:09:16 CET 2003

If you look into the mailing lists archive, you will find your answers about
two weeks ago... In short words: NewsModule4 is written for OpenCMS version
4.x and does not run under OpenCMS 5.x.

Workaround: Import the news module into your OpenCMS workspace (ignoring
error messages), then extract the classes additionally to your WEB-INF/classes
folder. Like this, I got it running. It looks horrible (doesn't find any link
captions or table headers in the Administrator view, i.e. it looks like it
does on your machine with all the question marks), but it at least works,
because it can find the classes on the server file system.

I am waiting for NewsModule5 as well...

Regards,
Ulrich