AW: AW: [opencms-dev] Update class again

Niklas Eklund niklas at curalia.se
Thu Mar 13 16:10:01 CET 2003

You could use your favourite java IDE (works with Eclipse anyway) and
connect to the running tomcat process in debug mode, and use java's hot
replace feature, ie, classes will be replaced while tomcat is running
(provided that the class signatures are not changed)...

Add to CATALINA_OPTS: -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000
-Djava.compiler=NONE

In the IDE, set up remote debugging (socket attach) on port 8000.

  Regards,

   Niklas Eklund
   Curalia AB