[opencms-dev] memory usage of JVM when runnung OpenCMS

np582 np582 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 18:56:46 CET 2003

Michael,

Tough question to answer generally.  OpenCms itself runs well for a few users with 64MB
for the JVM.  When serving a real site, it all depends on how many concurrent users and
whether or not you're using caching.  If you're using caching, you'll need enough JVM
memory to hold your entire site.  My company has built a site of a few hundered pages,
http://www.cct.org, running on 4.4.6 which runs comfortably in about 170MB (via top) for
the JVM.

Nick