[opencms-dev] memory usage of JVM when runnung OpenCMS

Michael Hoennig michael at hostsharing.net
Thu Mar 27 19:42:26 CET 2003

Hallo Nick,

> Tough question to answer generally.  OpenCms itself runs well for a few
> users with 64MB for the JVM.  When serving a real site, it all depends
> on how many concurrent users and whether or not you're using caching.
> If you're using caching, you'll need enough JVM memory to hold your
> entire site.  My company has built a site of a few hundered pages,
> http://www.cct.org, running on 4.4.6 which runs comfortably in about
> 170MB (via top) for the JVM.

Thank you very much.  It is about what I expected.  The site which I have
in mind does not fit into any memory of Intel 32 Bit CPUs anyways.  Thus,
I guess the 4 GB requirement for large OpenCMS sites comes more from the
database than from the JVM.

	Michael

--
Hostsharing eG / Boytinstr. 10 / D-22143 Hamburg
phone+fax: +49 700 HOSTSHARING (= +49 700 46787427)