[opencms-dev] Creating templates

EXCELSIS - Sepand Oboudiyat sepand.oboudiyat at excelsisnet.com
Thu Apr 3 16:08:24 CEST 2003

Hi Walter,

The problem is in the location of your folders containing the templates.

Try putting your master, frame and content templates in the following
locations:

/system/modules/org.opencms.default/temples
/system/modules/org.opencms.default/frametemples
/system/modules/org.opencms.default/contenttemples

This way your new master templates should be available in the drop down
list when creating a new Page. You might be able to configure OpenCMS to
look elsewhere for the Masters but you will definatley be safe doing it
this way.

Ps: Make sure that you change the references in your templates your that
they refer to the new file locations.

Good luck.

Mit herzlichem Gruß | Kind Regards

Sepand Oboudiyat

                      "walter de wit"
                      <walwit at hotmail.com>           To:      opencms-dev at opencms.com
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.         Subject: [opencms-dev] Creating templates
                      opencms.org

                      03.04.2003 16:02
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Hello,

I'm very new to OpenCMS so I'm afraid I have some basic questions.
I downloaded the latest documentation but this seems to be for the 4.6
version. I created a new project 'NiceTry' and in this directory /NiceTry I

created the following structure:
content/templates
content/contenttemplates
content/frametemplates

each containing a file (type=plain) and added some template xml stuff in it

according to the PDF documentation.

Now my question: how do I indicate these are templates ? When I create a
new
  Page, I can't see my newly created template.

Kind regards,

Walter

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.be