[opencms-dev] MySQL connection error

David Tildesley (DSLWN) DavidTi at datacom.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 07:10:02 CEST 2003

You need to create a user under MySql with enough priviledges to create the
opencms database and tables and give the user a password. You then supply
this at the appropriate point in the setup wizard. The linux user and group
you created for running Tomcat under is good practice - but you should
ensure that it owns all the tomcat files and ensure that tomcat is started
under this users priviledge. However the MySQL user has nothing to do with
the linux user.