[opencms-dev] Cannot parse XML file

Wed Apr 9 11:45:02 CEST 2003

Hello Everyone,

I am trying the example form the doc (Version 4.6, Chapter 2.1, page 33) with the mastertemplate, frametemplate and contenttemplate. I tried a couple of times starting from scratch, OpenCMS gives the following error message when displaying the page:

[CmsException]: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed Error: Cannot parse XML file "/content/templates/template1". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "META" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</META>"..
 at com.opencms.template.A_CmsXmlContent.throwException(A_CmsXmlContent.java:1846)
 at com.opencms.template.A_CmsXmlContent.parse(A_CmsXmlContent.java:1247)

I have installed the following software as recommanded for OpenCMS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Professional Edition:

1.The Java JDK,  Version 1.4.1_02
2.Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14
3.MySQL 4.0.12-nt
4.OpenCMS 5.0