[opencms-dev] index.jsp page gives "Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?" error

Yogen Kapadia yogen_kapadia at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 22:52:01 CEST 2003

Thanks, Mark! cp1252 encoding was indeed the cause of the problem. Changing it to IS0-8859-1 in Tomcat solved it.  Note for those who encounter a similar problem in future -simply set your Tomcat environment variable as follows:CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 Thanks again to everyone who helped solve this!

"Roedel, Mark" <MarkRoedel at letu.edu> wrote:-----Original Message-----