[opencms-dev] Does Installation Require Root? (Hosting service?)

Sid Maskit bugfood at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 04:45:02 CEST 2003

My apologies if the answer to this is contained in the documentation.

Assuming I can find a hosting service which already has installed the various
elements aside from openCMS (the Java SDK, Tomcat and mySQL), would I be able
to install openCMS myself or would I need help from my hosting service?

Whatever the requirements, I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could point me
to a hosting service where I could run openCMS on a shared machine. I tried
doing Google searches, and have failed to find a hosting service which mentions
openCMS.

Again my apologies if I should have been able to find the answer to these
questions. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sid Maskit