[opencms-dev] CmsXmlXercesParser exception

Ulrich Rueth ulrich.rueth at gmx.de
Mon May 12 18:49:01 CEST 2003

Hi!
I just set up OpenCms using Eclipse with the Tomcat plugin (Tomcat 4.1.18)
in order to be able to debug the code (I try to find a solution for Bug Nr.
8). I downloaded the OpenCms source package for 5.0.0 and I am working in
Tomcat directly (via Eclipse) with the sources (I removed the opencms.jar
coming with the binary distribution). When trying to log in, I get the
following exception (I only list the top lines of the root cause stack trace
here):

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/opencms/template/CmsXmlXercesParser,
method: parse signature: (Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;)
Incompatible object argument for function call
	at com.opencms.template.A_CmsXmlContent.(A_CmsXmlContent.java:156)
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.init(CmsResourceBroker.java:42
03)
	at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:88)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.(OpenCms.java:255)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:242)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:93
4)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:666)
	at
va:214)

This also happens if I build a jar file from the OpenCms 5.0.0 sources and
add it as jar file to the web application. I am a bit stuck now, has anybody
an idea what's going an here?

Thanks for your help!
Ulrich