[opencms-dev] How to avoid caching of classes?

Tristan Roddis tristan at roddis.org
Tue May 13 12:20:02 CEST 2003

I am developing an extended version of CmsXmlNav to provide custom
navigation, but I am finding it very slow going because it takes so long
to get the updated .class file registered with the system. I thought I
would be able to just synchronize with the filesystem and OpenCMS would
pick up the changes. However, it always seems to cache the old version and
continue to use it until I both publish the project and restart Tomcat.

Is there any way I can get the system to pick up changes quicker?
Currently the only foolproof way I have found is to:

1) Sychronize /system/classes/...
2) Publish project
3) Restart Tomcat
4) Log in to OpenCMS again
5) View page

All of which is extremely time consuming!

So... is there anything I can do to get a quicker development cycle? (e.g.
configuration change to OpenCMS and/or Tomcat)?

I am using OpenCMS 4.7.7 with Tomcat 4.06 on Windows 2000 (and MySQL on
Linux as the db).

Thanks in advance,

-T.

--