[opencms-dev] How to avoid caching of classes?

Thomas März thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Tue May 13 13:26:01 CEST 2003

Tristan Roddis <tristan at roddis.org> writes:

> I am developing an extended version of CmsXmlNav to provide custom
> navigation, but I am finding it very slow going because it takes so long
> to get the updated .class file registered with the system. I thought I
> would be able to just synchronize with the filesystem and OpenCMS would
> pick up the changes. However, it always seems to cache the old version and
> continue to use it until I both publish the project and restart Tomcat.
>
> Is there any way I can get the system to pick up changes quicker?
> Currently the only foolproof way I have found is to:
>
> 1) Sychronize /system/classes/...
> 2) Publish project
> 3) Restart Tomcat
> 4) Log in to OpenCMS again
> 5) View page

1) Compile your classes directly in the right webapps folder.
2) See the manager application of Tomcat for reloading Opencms without
   having to restart Tomcat itself.
3) Publish your project before testing new code, so you needn't login to
   OpenCMS to see your changes, only reload the Online-page.

Best Regards,
Thomas Maerz