[opencms-dev] File Encoding problem

BARDE, CEDRIC CEDRIC.BARDE at disney.com
Wed May 14 16:35:02 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to setup OpenCms 5.0 under Tomcat 4.1 and MySQL 4.0 and I am
having problems. When I reach the OpenCms setup page, it tells me that the
JVM file encoding is different from the OpenCms file encoding. So it does
not want me to go on, which is normal...

My problem is : how can I change the JVM file encoding? I know that I have
to specify that CATALINA_OPTS should equal -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1, but I
do not have a clue on how I can to that!!!!

Thanx a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Ced

Cédric BARDE
Disneyland Resort Paris - Information Services
Bâtiment Robin Hood - BP 100
77777 Marne-La-Vallée Cedex
Tél : 01.64.74.65.49
FAX : 01.64.74.65.65