[opencms-dev] Multilingual Support

Thomas Gick thomasgick at web.de
Fri May 16 21:14:02 CEST 2003

Hi Tim,

there is no support for multilingual sites. As a workaround you can
enable the textbody option in the opencms editor.
So you could edit your different language content each in one
textbody. ( All language bodies are stored in one page of the vfs)

If your users request a page you can give them back the textbody
which belongs to the requested language. You could get the preferred
language out of the user session. you have to create the user session
with these parameter by an own class.

The disadvantage of this method is, that you cannot use static
export for the content, because one and the same page request
can give different content back.

If your content is for the most part of the same structure,
e.g. titel, text, picture, date, language

This method is surely not the first choice. Writing a backoffice
module to edit these content would be in this case the better way.

I hope this helps you,

Thomas

Hello Tim,

--