AW: [opencms-dev] Multilingual Support

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Mon May 19 13:07:01 CEST 2003

Hello Tim,

> I've seen information about how it is able to handle different languages,
but how does it handle multiple language content?
The multilingual handling is just about the workplace, not the content.

We, comundus GmbH, Germany, are planning to implement a multilingual support
in future. We already had a conception for this done as a diploma thesis
(dissertation of a german university degree) by a student. But up to now, i
can't tell you a realization date.

> If you have two completely separate sites, then synchronizing the content
can become a large headache.
At the moment, this is the only possibility.

Regards

Kai

Hello List,

I've just installed the OpenCMS and it looks like a great CMS application.
I'm not sure about it's support for multiple languages though. I've seen
information about how it is able to handle different languages, but how does
it handle multiple language content?

- Is it possible to have one site, but each file (content) can be in various
languages?
(Instead of having multiple sites with content that doesn't have a
relationship with similar content in another language) If you have two
completely separate sites, then synchronizing the content can become a large
headache.

I'm eagerly waiting to hear any OpenCMS multilingual advice!

Thank you.

Tim Mundy
Software Developer
E-mail: Tim.Mundy at babelfish.com
Phone: 780.944-9964
Fax: 780.432.5700

The Babel Fish Corporation
Where the World comes to Communicate!!

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées,
le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des
renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement
interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce
message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur
et le supprimer immédiatement.
www.babelfish.com