[opencms-dev] Class caching(?) problems

Tristan Roddis tristan at roddis.org
Wed May 21 14:23:01 CEST 2003

I am developing a module which occassionally works fine, and occasionally
comes back with no content whatsoever.

It seems to remain in a broken state until I change one of the classes in
the VFS (e.g. delete the ContentDefinition(!), or just lock a class),
wherupon it all starts working as normal for a while - hitting refresh on
a browser window that was displaying a broken version now works! The
working version remains until such time as I close all browser windows and
try again, or stop and restart Tomcat.

So, why is this happening? How can OpenCMS pick up a working class
sometimes and a non-working one at other times? Does it read the classes
directly from the database (CMS_FILE table?) and if so, what could make it
look in different places once I alter a class file in the VFS?

Also, is there anywhere (log files etc.) that I can look to see what
errors are happening when OpenCMS ends up displaying the broken version?

Thanks,

-T.

--
tristan at roddis.org                              http://www.roddis.org