[opencms-dev] Re: need help on News Module

lk liukun kein1119 at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 12:06:01 CEST 2003

Hi David,
I have reinstalled opencms again and here is my install step for News
module:
1、unzip Newsfor50.zip in a temp dir,such as d:\temp;
2、run :mysql opencms < News.sql;
3、login to OpenCms as Admin/admin and go to Administartion view and follow
the upload module instruction to upload
"d:\temp\com.opencms.modules.homepage.news_1.1.zip";
4、restart tomcat

Now two icons added in Administration view: NewsChannel and News.
And i can add newschannel and news successful.

Then the next step:
5、in the release folder i create a new page "NewsTest.html",it's content
is :"News Test", and  use "Standardtemplate News" template;

now when i browse the NewsTest.html it displays:
News Test
[news]Element not defined.

Then i check the NewsStandard template in
"system\modules\com.opencms.modules.homepage.news\templates" :
<XMLTEMPLATE>
    <ELEMENTDEF name="contenttemplate">
        <CLASS>com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate</CLASS>

<TEMPLATE>/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news/contenttemplates/NewsStandard</TEMPLATE>

    </ELEMENTDEF>
    <ELEMENTDEF name="frametemplate">
        <CLASS>com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate</CLASS>
        <TEMPLATE>/content/empty</TEMPLATE>
    </ELEMENTDEF>
<TEMPLATE>
<ELEMENT name="frametemplate"/>
</TEMPLATE>
</XMLTEMPLATE>

it seems "/content/empty" doesn't exists in my OpenCms.
Is this the reason?
Or i lose some step?

thks in advance

kein/20030522