[opencms-dev] Re: need help on News Module

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Fri May 23 01:56:01 CEST 2003

lk liukun wrote:
> now when i browse the NewsTest.html it displays:
> News Test
> [news]Element not defined.
>
> Then i check the NewsStandard template in
> "system\modules\com.opencms.modules.homepage.news\templates" :

<snip>

> it seems "/content/empty" doesn't exists in my OpenCms.

It looks like the person that converted news to 5.0 didn't convert that
template.  /content/empty is the old way of refering to the default
empty frame template.  If you had turned on path translation during your
install of openCMS, then this would automatically get redirected to the
new path.  Since this is the default empty template, it doesn't really
matter which frame template you use.

Have a look in
/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news/doc/index.html for
instructions on how to setup news templates.  For my project I used the
examples from the 4.6 version of the news module, which is supposed to
be available in CVS.