[opencms-dev] Static Export/Publish to WebServer Using FTP

Thomas März thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Fri May 23 03:42:01 CEST 2003

"Alexander Kandzior" <alex at opencms.org> writes:
>> So, what I had in mind was something like this:
>>
>>          "Master" host                  "Slave" host
>>
>> OpenCMS --> Publisher ---------------> Receiver --> OpenCMS --> VFS
>>                                         (Servlet)
OpenCMS [1] --> Publisher ---------------> Receiver --> OpenCMS [2] --> VFS
                                            (Servlet)

>> (Btw: Alexander, what's /your/ opinion here?)
>
> This feature is what we refer to as "OpenCms repository replication".
> Replicate one OpenCms repository (or parts of it) to another OpenCms
> server. This feature is currently not supported in OpenCms, nor do I
> know of an elegant workaround to achive the wanted results. We are
> currently working on the database layer, and the changes we make will
> make replication easier to achive, but please do not expect anything
> anytime soon.

Kim,

please tell me, if I misunderstood something:
You want to you use _all_ the same resources in OpenCMS [1] as in
OpenCMS [2], and not, mentioned as above, just a part of it, and this is
also the _only_ thing you want to be the same: the VFS.

Isn't it possible only to update the according DB tables of [2] as they
are in OpenCMS [2]? Or did I lose the plot?

(Since I read "Am I breaking a fly on the wheel?" I fancy english
proverbs much more than german proverps)

Best Regards,
Thomas März