[opencms-dev] Static Export/Publish to WebServer Using FTP

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu May 22 11:58:01 CEST 2003

Kim

> So, what I had in mind was something like this:
>
>          "Master" host                  "Slave" host
>
> OpenCMS --> Publisher ---------------> Receiver --> OpenCMS --> VFS
>                                         (Servlet)
>

> (Btw: Alexander, what's /your/ opinion here?)

This feature is what we refer to as "OpenCms repository replication".
Replicate one OpenCms repository (or parts of it) to another OpenCms
server. This feature is currently not supported in OpenCms, nor do I
know of an elegant workaround to achive the wanted results. We are
currently working on the database layer, and the changes we make will
make replication easier to achive, but please do not expect anything
anytime soon.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior