[opencms-dev] Installation encoding error

Gokul Poduval gpoduval at imapmail.org
Tue May 27 03:16:01 CEST 2003

Hello,
  If you could get beyond the file encoding check, then that part of your
  problem is already solved.

  As for database creating, make sure you are using the right username
  password. In my case I have granted all privileges on opencms.* to
  opencmsuser at localhost

Gokul

On Mon, 26 May 2003 17:17:06 -0700 (PDT), "grenoml" <grenoml at yahoo.com>
said:
> Hello,
>   I am attempting to install OpenCMS on RH9 but running into some
> encoding problems.  I am receiving the following error:
> -----------------
> Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms
> encoding!
>
>    Java VM file encoding: UTF-8
>
>    OpenCms encoding: ISO-8859-1
> -----------------
>
>   I have about twenty other Tomcat webapps running well using the UTF-8
> encoding for the Java VM and I would like not to change that.  How can
> I get the install to work?  I went into opencms.properties and changed
> the default encoding to UTF-8 and restarted Tomcat but I then get
> database errors:
> -----------------
>
> Creating database ... Failed
>
> Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access
> denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)

> java.lang.NullPointerException

> Creating tables ... Failed
>
> Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/opencms
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access
> denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> ... {many times}
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException

>   I am using the mysql database user/password for root and not system
> user/password for root.
>
>   My question is how to get the installation working without changing
> the default encoding for the VM?
>
> thx,
> Gerry Reno

Gokul