AW: [opencms-dev] Installation encoding error

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 23:39:01 CEST 2003

Frank,
  Yes, they are N in global sense.  If you look in db table you will
see that user opencmsuser has all these permissions on db opencms.  I
think flush privileges is only needed if you modify grants table
directly.  Anyway, yes I did it and also restarted mysql and tomcat
several times.  I have sent another email with answers to Jakobs
questions.  Take a look at it.

thx,
Gerry Reno

--- Frank_Steinbauer/objectcomp/DE.OBJECTCOMP at objectcomp.com wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi,

ok, next look at your dump. Damed, lot of "N" for the privileges.

I think you need at least the select, insert, update and delete
privileg. I am not sure about the create, but you should grant it to
the user, course the setup creates some tables.

1st N = select

2nd N = insert

3th N = update

4th N = delete

5th N = create

Change them to "Y".

Another question, did you restart the db after you created the user or
executed the command "flush privileges;"? If not, try it before you
update the table entries.

By the way, my password encryption is much shorter then yours.

Frank

grenoml <grenoml at yahoo.com>
27.05.2003 13:07 MST