[opencms-dev] OpenCms 5 and Jetty 4.2.9

Ben Alex ben.alex at fremerx.com
Wed May 28 02:30:02 CEST 2003

Hi everyone

I am receiving the following error when browsing a site and in some
Administration modules:

Error in CmsJspLoader.loadTemplate() while loading:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file
/system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/jsptemplates/welcome.jsp'

Root cause:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
48)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:360)......

I noticed a similar looking error with someone using Resin, and the response
from Alex was OpenCms 5 won't work with Resin. Has anyone got Jetty working
with OpenCms 5? I am using Jetty's standard etc/jetty.xml, and I unzipped
the opencms.war into %JETTY_HOME%\webapps\opencms. We wish to use Jetty
because our application needs to dynamically create contexts and listeners.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben