[opencms-dev] Structured content

Alex Bronstein alex at craftycode.com
Tue Jun 3 02:34:02 CEST 2003

Hello,

I would like to create a template that uses structured XML as the content instead of a single "body" tag that is available with the WYSIWYG editor. How do I do that? Your site has the following text in the feature list: "The OpenCms module API also allows to plug in custom content definition items for structured content...", but I couldn't find any further documentation on it. Is a detailed module API available for download? As a further enhancement, I would like to supply a simple form-based editor for adding content to the various template-specific XML fields so that the person entering content doesn't have to know anything about XML. Is this also possible with the module API? If anyone has an example with source code of something like this working, please point me to it.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Alex.