[opencms-dev] OpenCMS and Informix

Nicolas Delsaux nicolas.delsaux at online.fr
Wed Jun 4 17:09:40 CEST 2003

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:45:02 +0100, João Silva <jonms at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've got this question: what do I need to do to make OpenCMS work with an
> Informix database?
> I know this is a bit technical post, and I'm a newbie on this, so any
> help on this matter will be appreciated.

Hi João,
in fact, your question is a more general question on how to replace mySQL
with Informix in a J2EE application. Let's regard a very quick howto: - add
the informix jdbc driver to the archive of your application
 - change the content from your config files to use Informix instead of
mySQL (change the URL used for JDBC connection and change the driver name)
 - update scripts to reflect differences between mySQL and Informix SQL
dialects
and pray ;-)0

> Thank you
> João Silva