[opencms-dev] OpenCMS and Informix

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jun 5 09:17:40 CEST 2003

João,

you are right about the "broker" architecture.

In essence, there is a "generic" DB package wich has classes with
methods that call SQL queries that are mostly ANSI SQL compliant.
Individual packages for specific DB's just extend the classes and
overload a couple of mehtods where queries or other handling is DB
specific. Usually, only about 10% or less of the generic stuff is
overloaded.

However, this part of the system is currently re-designed and quite some
things have already changed or will change in the next 2 months. You
might check out the CVS HEAD to get an impression.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts