[opencms-dev] using variables in jsp templates

Thomas Hieck hkt at gmx.net
Thu Jun 5 12:10:02 CEST 2003

hi there,
my first active participation in this list. :-)

I'm no great jsp expert- maybe its a very simple problem.
I have a jsp template and a defined variable:

  <% String letters = "abcde"; %>

Using this variable in the same template work fine:

  <%= letters %>

Here my problem. I load a jsp file in the template

  <cms:include file="../elements/loaded.jsp" />

and want use my variable ("letters") in this loaded.jsp
Unfortunately it doesn't work.

  "cannot resolve symbol: symbol: variable letters"

I use this loaded.jsp in different templates, but the
variable depends on the template.

Any idea?

thanks, thomas.