[opencms-dev] Differences between old and new backoffice style

Ingen, Maarten van maarten.van.ingen at satama.com
Thu Jun 5 10:49:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have created a small test module. But it is based on the idea of the news
module.
Now I want to write a new (bigger) module from scratch. When I look in the
api doc, I come across methods that are old and new style.
For example getContentNew() in A_CmsBackoffice, there are 2 methods, one for
the old style and one for the new style.
My question is, what are the differences between the old and new style.
And the functions getContentNew() and getContentEdit() returns a byte array
in the old style and a String in the new style. In the news module this
methods returned the byte array created by startProcessing(). Can I use the
same funtion in the new style and just convert the byte array to a String?

Maarten