[opencms-dev] What's the idea of publishing?

Carsten Kaemmerer ck at gaertner.de
Fri Jun 6 10:42:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

while doing the first example of editing files and publishing them I
don't see any difference between published and unpublished files.

I understand that pages like
http://localhost:opencms/opencms/release/installation.html are the
served 'online' website, but when I create a new project and edit that
file (installation.html), this changes will immediately be served on
that 'online' website.  I thought, it should be served on the online
site only after publishing?!

When changes can be seen immediately, whats then the idea of publishing?

	Carsten