[opencms-dev] Fwd: How to move opencms to tomcat's ROOT dir

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Tue Jun 10 01:27:01 CEST 2003

list wrote:
> I would argue that this topic is of specific interest to users of opencms.
> It has been approched previously in this mailing list but I have failed with
> the suggested solutions.
> I am though aware of mod_proxy and mod_rewrite.

I did recently post some notes about how to do this to the mailing list,
is that what you are refering to?

Keep in mind that you can only get rid of the first /opencms/ in the
URL, the other one may be /opencms/ or /export/ depending on the export
status of the page.  Also, the OpenCMS URL rewrite code will still
output /opencms/opencms/ or /opencms/export/, so the apache rewrite is
really only useful for the first access of the site.

If you keep those things in mind, the stuff I posted earlier will work.