[opencms-dev] tomcat realms or what ?

Martin Koeck martin.koeck at gmx.net
Tue Jun 10 15:38:01 CEST 2003

we have an opencms site with 3 modules.

maybe this is a tomcat related problem, but we encounter the problem
that when accessing files that belong to two of these modules,  we get a
"please type user name and password" dialog (that looks like tomcat
request authentication), while on another module, we do not get this
login dialog.

it looks like this has to deal with tomcat user realms, but I cannot see
the difference between the modules and so I am stunned.

can I turn off tomcat authentication easily ? has anybody encountered
this before ?

graceful for any pointers ...

--
martin