[opencms-dev] tomcat realms or what ?

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Tue Jun 10 16:07:02 CEST 2003

Did you change the access rights of your files/folders?
For example if you would take away the read access right for "others" from a
file and someone would request this file without being logged in, opencms
would force the webserver (tomcat) to send a basic authentication dialog.

Bye,
Stephan

Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2003 15:23 schrieben Sie:
> we have an opencms site with 3 modules.
>
> maybe this is a tomcat related problem, but we encounter the problem
> that when accessing files that belong to two of these modules,  we get a
> "please type user name and password" dialog (that looks like tomcat
> request authentication), while on another module, we do not get this
> login dialog.
>
> it looks like this has to deal with tomcat user realms, but I cannot see
> the difference between the modules and so I am stunned.
>
> can I turn off tomcat authentication easily ? has anybody encountered
> this before ?
>
> graceful for any pointers ...
>
> --
> martin