[opencms-dev] Communication Link problem

kylekc kylekc at comcast.net
Sat Jun 14 07:56:01 CEST 2003

Steve, thanks for posting this. I was observing exactly the same symptoms you were -- if I hadn't used the site for awhile, then logged on, the first few pages would have these errors. Then I just kept going for a few pages they would clear up. I added ?autoReconnect = true to all my MySQL connection pools and the issue cleared up for me too.

Note: I had never observed this on my home PC -- only started seeing it once I put OpenCMS up on an ISP hoster. Must be the ISP hoster has different MySQL settings than the default I get on my own system.

Probably a good FAQ item ;->