[opencms-dev] Deleting and publishing files

pedro fernandez pedrofernandez40 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 09:16:01 CEST 2003

Hello.  Nobody has answered this, but I have been able to work something out
after a few days banging my head against the wall, so I thought I'd share my
solution for anyone who needs it.

>I would like to create, publish and delete files from within a Java class.
>I can create and publish them with no problems.  When I want to delete a
>file, I can delete it from the Offline project but if I try a
>publishResource() it won't delete from the Online project, it gives me an
>exception.  What is the way to delete a published file from within a class?

I still can't get this exact behaviour, but I can get a file to delete from
the online project if instead of trying to publish the deleted file I call
publishResource() on the directory it's in.  In my case this is not a
problem, since it actually saves me some work ;) but maybe it's not ideal
for everyone..?

Regards,

Pedro