[opencms-dev] Installation problem with Resin

rasheed rasheed at bluespark.com
Thu Jun 19 19:19:01 CEST 2003

When I run the opensetup wizard by going to
http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup , I get this error ..

Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms
encoding!
Java VM file encoding:	Cp1252
OpenCms encoding:	ISO-8859-1

My question is what I need to change the file.encoding scheme of my Java
virtual machine. I used resin.conf configuration file of Resin and added
the line mentioned below but it did not work. To Run Resin, we use
httpd.exe that's why I can't add -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 while using
Java vertual machine.

<web-app id='/'>
        <!-- adds xsl to the search path -->
        <class-loader>
          <simple-loader path="$host-root/xsl"/>
        </class-loader>
        <character-encoding>ISO-8859-1</character-encoding>
        <servlet-mapping url-pattern="/servlet/*"
servlet-name="invoker"/>
      </web-app>
I am using
Resin-3.0.1-beta