[opencms-dev] Installation problems with Oracle.

SebWazzup seb.wazzup at libertysurf.fr
Tue Jun 24 18:35:02 CEST 2003

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for you quick answer. Actually I think that the installation
problem was due to a clash between tomcat and java. I've read somewhere
in this mailing list that tomcat 4.0.1 and java 1.4.0x are known to
interact badly. The solution was to upgrade my tomcat server. I just
hope my already deployed webapps will keep on running, thats why I first
wanted to keep my working tomcat installation.

I already use a classes12.jar file in my WEB_INF/lib folder, which comes
from a 9i version of oracle. It seems strange to make it work with an
8.1.5 version , but it does (and provides a jdbc 2.0 driver by the way).
Your file may be the same I guess.

I finally manage to partially install OpenCMS, after having upgraded
both java and Tomcat. I now must face another problem, exclusively due
to Oracle and will post a new topic about that. Thanks anyway for the
classes12.jar file, I think other people would kill for that :)
Regards,

Sébastien.

   Sébastien Reboux - BioInformaticien
   URGI Génoplante-Info 01 60 87 37 62