[opencms-dev] Content Definition Creation and Template Elements

Stephen Scholtz stephen at bluespark.com
Wed Jun 25 19:37:02 CEST 2003

Hi there,

   Newbie to OpenCMS and to the mailing list; just evaluating the
product for a client.  I'll try and keep my questions as brief as I can:

   1. I saw in the list archives that somebody was looking for some
example code on creating Content Definitions (CDs) in OpenCMS, as the
documentation on CDs is a bit sparse.  Does anybody have these example
files lying around, or can point me to some more detailed documentation
on making CDs?

   2. In my JSPs that I create that are linked to jsp template files
(ie. files stored as /system/modules/<my
module>/jsptemplates/<template>.jsp), I tried to include some elements
that I had defined in my jsp template file, ex.

	<cms:template element="header">
	</cms:template>

   ...which I include in my JSPs as:

	<cms:include property="template" element="header" />

   Naming the element "header" seems to work fine.  I can rename it
"mytestelement" or "stephen" and it seems to work fine after changing
the include to match it.  But as soon as I name the element
"myTestElement" or introduce any capitals into the name of the element,
the JSP stops including that element.  No error messages are displayed
on screen and there is nothing in the OpenCMS log file that I can see as
an error.

   Are there any special rules that should be followed when naming
elements in templates?  Capitalization seems to be a rule, but maybe
there's something wrong with our installation?

   Thanks in advance, any leads appreciated...

   Cheers,
	Stephen Scholtz
	Interactive Developer
	www.bluespark.com