AW: [opencms-dev] filesize limits in download gallery?

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Jul 2 08:36:00 CEST 2003

Hi Thomas,

this is not an issue of OpenCMS but of MySQL. There is a MySQL parameter
"max_allowed_packet". On a normal installation this value is set to 1MB (and
therefore most of the webhosters have this value as default).

This is how you can set the value:

windows:
1. stop mysql service
2. in command prompt goto the directory mysql/bin
3. mysqld-opt --set-variable max_allowed_packet=4194304
4. start mysql service

linux:

1. rcmysql stop
2. in the file etc/my.cnf change the value of "max_allowed_packet"
   e.g. max_allowed_packet=4194304 (for 4 MB)
3. rcmysql start

Hope this helps

Regards

Kai