[opencms-dev] Installation Opencms vers. 5.0

Jan Creemers j.creemers at pandora.be
Thu Jul 3 17:50:02 CEST 2003

Bettina,

Tomcat must be configured to unpack the opencms.war.
This is explaned in the install.html of OpenCms.

Important: OpenCms requires that it's *.war file is unpacked. OpenCms can
not be deployed as war file only. Make sure Tomcat does unpack the war file
and creates the CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/ directory, placing the
OpenCms files in this directory. The default configuration for your Servlet
containers / environment could be to not unpack the deployed *.war file. If
this is so you must unpack the opencms.war file manually. Use an unzip tool
for this, *.war files are just *.zip files with a different extension. The
OpenCms setup wizard will display a warning and not allow you to continue if
you did not unpack the  *.war file.

rgrds,

Jan