[opencms-dev] Access Rights, Intranet

Prestel Marianne m.prestel at akap.de
Fri Jul 4 14:28:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

We are evaluating OpenCMS for implementing our internet and intranet site,
but I've got a problem to manage the access rights (especially for the
intranet area). I found some questions in the mailing list archive concerning
this (for ex. the 'General comments on OpenCMS access rights' from Zixiong
WANG), but no satisfactory information.
How can I eliminate any possibility of access for the Guest group? But only
for the intranet area?

Example:

I have a subfolder named 'Organisation' with the following permissions

Owner    Group    Others
r w v    r w v    r - v

The group for this folder is 'Organisation' (members needs write-permission)
The parent group is 'Users' (Users needs read- and view-permission)

Now I've got the problem, that also 'Guests' have permission to see the
content of this folder.

Thanks in advance for any information
best regards
Marianne