[opencms-dev] Re: could not connect to database

David Cure David.Cure at Finix.EU.Org
Wed Jul 9 11:53:01 CEST 2003

Le Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:18:28AM +0200, Joachim Arrasz ecrivait :

> sorry but that you`ve not wrote in the last posting. Anyway maybe the

	sorry for that

> Tomcat Logs will be a bit better to understand your accurate Errormessage.When you go to the installation wizard in normal mode, was the database

	in the tomcat logs, I've got the same error, with duplicate key
for guests... :

2003-07-09 10:36:10 StandardWrapperValve[OpenCmsServlet]: Allocate
exception for servlet OpenCmsServlet
javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

[snip stack trace]

----- Root Cause -----
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed
error: Database init failed.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init
error. Detailed error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed
error: [com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] Invalid argument value: Dupl
icate entry 'Guests' for key 2.
root cause was java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument value: Duplicate
entry 'Guests' for key 2

	And on the box running tomcat+opencms, I can connect to mysql
(it runs on the same box).

	it's very strange...

	David.